Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Kids say the darndest things......about braces...

It's true! I was reminded of two incidents that took place last year when something happened today. By the way, I'm in Subang today and also for tomorrow because I'm supposed to check out IACT and The One Academy. I went for a look see today and both places weren't bad(although admittedly The One Academy's building looks much more impressive than IACT's).

Anyway, back to the topic. I was having dinner with my housemate Tsu Fei today at SS2's Food court. While I was trying to enjoy my Penang Fried Kuey Teow,(yummy~) I couldn't help but notice that a little girl who sat opposite me on the table next to mine, was staring at me. I looked up and she just stared at me boldly (although without any obvious evil intentions).*cough cough demon child* Actually, it felt more like she was observing a very interesting specimen that she couldn't take her eyes off. I continued eating. She ate too. With every bite she took, she turned to look at me again. This carried on for almost 10 minutes. When she finally figured that staring wouldn't make my braces turn into a pumpkin coach, she went back to conversing with her parents and playing with her siblings....this is not the first time something like this happened.


At this rate, I'm gonna have to start a petition...

Last year or two years ago, when I was visiting my aunts' mother in-law in the hospital, my mum and I waited outside her ward because only a limited number of people was allowed into the ward at one time. At the same time, a little girl and her mother was also waiting outside. I was just talking to my mum when I noticed the little girl staring at me. Feeling a little mischievous , I grinned at her, just to flash my braces. At that instant, the little girl became so excited, she was urgently tugging on the hem of her mother's skirt to get her mother's attention. I turned to her in time to see her smiling sheepishly and telling her mother this in a hushed voice:" Mama, ni kan na ge jie jie de ya chi you tie de!!"(Mum,look! That girl has metal on her teeth!!)

Hahahahaha....*sweat*

Oh yea, that was pretty loud for a whisper. Even my mum heard it. Both of us were trying to stifle our laughter when the little girl's mother tried to explain to her what braces are. I don't think the little girl was listening though, she was still so fascinated she couldn't stop grinning.

Yea, cute kid.

Something else happened last year too, this time I'm pretty sure that it was last year! My mum dropped me off in front of my brother's tuition centre and I was supposed to call him out. When I went in the tuition centre, I told the tuition teacher that I was there to pick my brother up. While my brother went to pack his bag, some of his mischievous tuition friends took the initiative to start a friendly conversation with me. (By the way, all of them are 9-year olds):

Brat #1: "Hey, what's up with your teeth???!!"

Brat #2: "Eeww..I think she has some kind of disease!!!"*exchange looks of disgust* (WHUT~??!! 0_o)

Me: "Err....haven't you guys seen braces before?"

Jr. Einstein: " That's called 'bang ya'(translates directly to 'tie/bind teeth' but it actually means braces), people do it to make their teeth straight, my (dunnowho)'s doing it too. Does it hurt??!"

Me: "Hmm...smart kid! Oh yea, it does at first, but it doesn't hurt right now. It still hurts like hell though!!! HAHAHA..."

Huhuhuh...I hope I scared them.... >8D. Watch out for my Colgate smile soon, kids!!


Eeheheh...um...not this one!!

No comments: