Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Le Malacca Trip-Day 2

In the morning, my mum discovered a frozen dumbass (as Phee Chien calls himself) lying on the floor as she opened the door to the attic. That was around 10.30 a.m when she came to let me know that Lucas had arrived downstairs to pick us up for breakfast. Naturally, we lazy bums were still asleep. I mean, what do you expect?? We slept at 5 a. m. Feeling guilty for making him come all the way to my house, I dragged myself out of bed and apologized to Lucas for making him wait and asked him if he could come back again later around 12.pm. After that, I plonked back onto the floor and fell asleep again.


Hoooii...wake up..*poke poke*

Everyone was up and moving around 2 p.m (with Thomas giving the least cooperation again...=_=;;). So, we headed for brunch at a supposedly famous chicken rice ball shop in Malacca. When we arrived however, the place was closed. *sweats* Luckily, there was another good chicken rice ball shop nearby, so we settled there instead. The interior deco of the place was really nice, too bad I don't have any pictures of it...D= The chicken rice balls were really REALLY good, in my opinion.

Yummy chicken rice balls!!

After that, we went to the historical sites in Malacca!!!! Oh, what would we do without them? We went to the A famosa first, then up St. Paul's hill to St. Paul cathedral where we could see the beautiful scenery of Malacca. Up there they were selling these pretty necklaces and lockets that the shop owner would customize for you by decorating it, the necklace costs RM 5 whereas the locket costs RM 6. Sandra bought 2 for her friends and we waited for them to be completed.

The one and only a'Famosa!!


That's us walking up St. Paul's hill


The scenary from on top of St. Paul's hill


A bad picture by Phee Chien!!!!

After the pretty darn long wait, we went down St. Paul's hill and came out at the Stadhuys. There, we decided to look around the museum since the admission fee is only RM2 per adult. There was quite a lot of interesting things in there, I really liked looking at the artifacts and stuff, but I was really lazy to read about the history of the invasions in Malaysia cuz' we've already studied all of that in Secondary school (right?). Haha, anyway, the place was closing down so I just glanced through everything pretty quickly before getting out of the place in fear of being chased out. Sandra the lazy bum was waiting for us outside and apparently she was harassed by an(other) old man who kept asking her where she came from. Guess she gets that a lot.....=P
A statue of admiral Cheng Ho at the back of the musuem

The view from on top of the Stadhuys, pretty~

Sandra the lazy bum

It was still too early to go to Jonker Street when we got out of the Stadhuys, so we went to play at a random playground before going off to Malacca's megamall -Dataran Pahlawan for free air cond. We got ourselves some ice cream and we sat at the fountain in the shopping mall.You could have seen Yoke Wan feeding the carps in the fountain with her ice cream cone although she obviously shouldn't have been!! The carps taught her a lesson though, as they were rushing to eat the food she was throwing to them, some of the carps created this HUGE splash that drenched Yoke Wan and her ice cream!! Unfortunately I was sitting right next to her, with my back facing the fountain, so I got a little wet too, but my ice cream was spared from all that. Hahaha!! XD

Around 7.30 p.m, we went to Jonker Street-my favorite part of Malacca!!! I just love seeing the people, the old buildings and the stuff the people sell along the street. Ah, sweet nostalgia,I never seem to get tired of it! XP So, we had dinner there,(I had Fried Kuey Teow and a sour plum drink) before we roamed around some more. Oh yea, I forgot to mention, I bought this pretty hair chopstick from one of the stalls, it costed RM 3.90. Hehe, I think it looks really nice, so, yea, it was worth it!See! It's nice!

While walking, I bought myself bubble tea(Oooohh!! I really missed that drink, you can get it so cheap in Malacca!!XD) and also the Taiwan fruits in a stick thingy. Thomas and Phee Chien had the weirdest expressions on their faces when they tried it. I wondered what was up with them but when I had a taste of it, I think I gave the same expression too...XDDDDDDD It tasted... really..weird, because of that white cream they put over the fruits. But it wasn't that bad tasting, at least I finished it. XD

We went back to my house with an extra immigrant that day, it was "Puff"-Sandra's new hamster!!! I suggested the name btw, huhuhu. When we got home, we went up to the attic again, seemed like all of us were gonna sleep there again for the night. D=
Since my attic has a home theater system, a certain someone asked if he could watch the History channel on big screen. (you know who you are)Hence, my younger sister turned the home theater system on and tuned it to the History channel. Instantly, a loud "SQUUEE~~" was heard from a very excited history nerd. =_=;;; Ahah.

We had a pretty tiring day, so the rest of us fell asleep pretty quickly, only Thomas and Phee Chien were still up chatting and laughing at some stupid programme they were showing on Discovery channel. Anyway, Phee Chien slept pretty well this time, he only woke up when he thought I was talking to him, didn't you Phee Chien? HAHA!!

So day 2 ended like that~

Once again, the pictures are Phee chien's, all credit goes to him for the good and many bad pictures he has taken. XP

No comments: