Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hi....I'm back from the dead, hopefully....

Okay! I know that it's been about 3 months since I've last updated my blog, but I'm back~ *ahem* temporarily....Anyway, I've just completed one semester in TOA and I'm still alive and kicking!! Trust me when I say that THAT is an achievement...

Okay, I'm not gonna say much about my first semester in TOA, because there really is too much to cover in one blog post. I kinda wish that I had the Internet access to blog about during the last 3 months. But, it's too late for all that. Anyhow,I met lots of great people, made awesome friends, and did things I never thought I possibly could. It might be a little early for me to say that being in TOA is a life changing experience for me, but I already feel that way. Haha, I feel like I should have been at TOA a long time before. (The people who hang out with me a lot have heard me say this many many times XP) I can't wait for the next semester to start! Although I'm really praying...PRAYING...PRAYYYIIINNGGG that I pass every damn subject!!! I'm only expecting to retake my Malaysian Studies for the next semester, hahahah....

By the way, have you guys ever heard of "The Young Turks"? This is a description of themselves from their website:

The Young Turks, the first nationwide liberal talk show and first live, daily Internet TV show, is a funny, smart, irreverent and entertaining look at politics, sex, news, pop culture, current affairs and personal stories.

So they say.

I only knew about them after watching this vid Betsy told me about. Oh yea, I forgot to mention, Malaysia is BANNING Avril Lavinge's concert. Uh huh, it's true, it's all over the net. I wonder why Hitz. fm is still advertising the concert. Just type "Malaysia bans Avril lavinge" and see how much shit you can find.



This is quoted from the website Weasel Zippers:

Kuala Lumpur-Malaysian opposition Islamic party Parti Islam SeMalaysia (PAS) has demanded that the government ban pop superstar Avril Lavigne from performing in the country. It said her concert would be an insult to the Merdeka freedom fighters.The Canadian pop singer was scheduled to perform at the Stadium Merdeka on Aug 29, just two days ahead of Malaysia's Independence Day, as part of her world tour.

and this is quoted from Stereoboard.com:

Malaysia's Islamic opposition party, the Pan-Malaysian Islamic Party, is trying to ban Avril Lavigne from playing a show in the Malaysian capital of Kuala Lumpur after deeming the singer's stage moves "too sexy." According to The Associated Press, the youth wing of the party said on Monday (August 18) that the skate rat turned glam-pop singer's August 29 show would promote the wrong values ahead of Malaysia's independence day on August 31. "It is considered too sexy for us. ... It's not good for viewers in Malaysia," party official Kamarulzaman Mohamed said. "We don't want our people, our teenagers, influenced by their performance. We want clean artists, artists that are good role models." Kamarulzaman sent protest letters to the Culture, Arts and Heritage Ministry and Kuala Lumpur's mayor last week, calling for the concert to be canceled.

OMGGGGGGGG

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

How damn f***tarded do you have to be to even think of something like that. C'mon, we know you guys are more creative than that, come up with a better excuse, goddammit!! I don't know what crossed their mind to suddenly make such a move, maybe it's for personal, VERY PERSONAL reasons..? Gahhh!! I don't even want to go there. Banning Avril because she's too sexy? Gwen Stefani, maybe(judging by their standards), but Avril??

I wasn't planning to go to the concert, but, really, this reflects so badly on us that it's beyond infuriating!! They have no idea what kind of buzz this would create, just look at all the angry blog entries in the Internet!! Coming back to the vid I mentioned earlier, here it is, prepare to be extremely offended if you're Malaysian:



I don't know who to get more pissed off at, these douche bags or "Malaysia". Both parties really offend me. Anyway, I don't like getting angry, really. And I've reached a level of pissed-off-ness that is really too difficult to describe. SO, I won't care anymore. Tralalala, go banning concerts if you like, I can't attend any of them anyway~

One last message from the fans to "Malaysia":



Avril still says it best~!

No comments: